Discounts, bonus points and more: Week 5 of Wyndham Member Month is here
Wyndham Rewards is hosting Wyndham Member Month this March to celebrate reaching 100 million members.
Over the last five weeks, we’ve seen sweepstakes, bonus points and more from Wyndham. But now we’re in the final week of Wyndham Member Month. So, here’s what you need to know about the currently available Wyndham Rewards deals.
Related: Best hotel credit cards
Mobile flash sale
Wyndham is concluding its Member Month with a “mobile flash sale” as the Week Five promotion.
The mobile flash sale lets you save 15% on stays of two consecutive nights, 20% on stays of three consecutive nights and 30% on stays of four or more consecutive nights. You must book by April 6 and complete your stay by May 26, 2023, to be eligible for the mobile flash sale discounts.
You can obtain these savings off the best available rate when you book a participating property on the Wyndham app or in a mobile browser using the “mobile flash sale” rate.
I priced out a few stays and found that the mobile flash sale would save me money. In addition, for the stays I checked, the mobile flash sale rate was freely cancelable until 24 hours before check-in time on the day of arrival.
Related: 17 ways to earn Wyndham Rewards points for your next redemption
Sign up for our daily newsletter
Stay 3 nights, earn 2 free
Week One of Wyndham Member Month introduced a “stay three nights, earn two free” deal. This deal works as it sounds: You earn 15,000 bonus Wyndham points on stays of three or more consecutive nights.
On stays of two consecutive nights, you’ll still earn 7,500 bonus points. Plus, primary cardmembers of Wyndham Rewards credit cards will earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after their first stay of two or more nights during this promotion.
Through this promotion, you can earn up to 30,000 bonus points (35,000 bonus points if you have a Wyndham credit card). However, you must register in advance by visiting the Member Month homepage, clicking on “Week 1” and following the on-screen prompts.
To benefit from this promotion, you must register, book directly with Wyndham by May 14 and check out by May 19. Bonus points should post to your account within two to four weeks of your stay’s completion.
As a reminder, Wyndham uses a three-tiered award chart, with nights costing 7,500 points, 15,000 points or 30,000 points. So, Wyndham says you can “stay three nights, earn two free” because the 15,000 points you’d earn after a three-night stay would be enough for two nights at a property that costs 7,500 points per night.
Related: Which credit card should you use for Wyndham stays?
$100 property credit when you stay 3 nights or longer
When you book a qualifying stay of three or more consecutive nights directly with Wyndham between March 8 and June 1, you could get a $100 property credit (or local equivalent in destinations that don’t use U.S. dollars) at select properties for stays with checkout by Dec. 31.
You must stay at one of the participating properties listed on the “Week 2” section of the Wyndham Member Month page. Most properties are in the Americas, but several participating properties are in Asia and Europe. You’ll even find some of Wyndham’s all-inclusive properties on the list, including the Viva Wyndham Azteca — All Inclusive Resort in Mexico.
The terms and conditions of this promotion state the property credit can be used for “certain food/beverages and amenity purchases.” No special rate code is required, but nights booked with Wyndham Rewards points aren’t eligible for this promotion.
Nothing in the terms indicates that you can’t stack these first three promotions, though you should ensure your stay fulfills all corresponding criteria for each offer.
Related: The ultimate guide to earning and redeeming Wyndham Rewards
40% bonus when you buy points
Week Four of Wyndham Member Month brought a buy points promotion. In particular, you’ll get 40% bonus points through April 21 when you buy at least 3,000 Wyndham points.
During this promotion, Wyndham is temporarily increasing its annual limit for the number of points you can buy (not including bonus points) to 120,000. If you purchase Wyndham points, the points should appear in your account within 72 hours.
If you buy at least 3,000 points, you’d be buying Wyndham points at a rate of 0.929 cents each after the bonus. This is below TPG’s valuation of Wyndham points, so it’s worth considering if your balance is getting low and you usually get good value when redeeming Wyndham points.
Related: The best credit cards for buying points and miles
Elevated earnings with Wyndham Rewards Shopping
Week Four of Wyndham Member Month also brought elevated earnings to the Wyndham Rewards Shopping portal through April 20, 2023. Remember that shopping portal earnings are on top of the rewards you’ll earn from your credit card when you use it to make a purchase.
Related: Use a shopping portal aggregator to maximize online purchases
Member Month sweepstakes
Wyndham Rewards is offering a Member Month Sweepstakes between March 15 and March 31. In particular, you can get one entry through each of the following means:
- Online: Go to Wyndham’s Member Month website, click on “Week 3” and complete the entry form.
- Facebook: Set your Facebook account to public through March 31. Visit the Wyndham Facebook page while logged in, locate the Wyndham Rewards Sweepstakes post and comment on it with your next travel destination and the hashtag #WyndhamSweepstakes.
- TikTok: Set your TikTok account to public through March 31. While logged in, visit the Wyndham TikTok page, locate the Wyndham Rewards Sweepstakes post and comment on the post with your next travel destination and the hashtag #WyndhamSweepstakes.
- Instagram: Set your Instagram account to public through March 31. Visit the Wyndham Instagram page while logged in, locate the Wyndham Rewards Sweepstakes post and comment on it with your next travel destination and the hashtag #WyndhamSweepstakes.
Wyndham will select winners on or around April 14 for the following prizes:
- Grand prize A (one winner): A Wyndham Championship Ultimate Fan Experience of a trip for two from Aug. 3-7 with airfare, accommodation, car rental, a $250 Visa gift card, a meet-and-greet with Brandt Snedeker, event passes and 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points.
- Grand prize B (one winner): An RFK Racing Ultimate Fan Experience trip for two from July 22-24 with airfare, lodging, car rental, $250 Visa gift card, a meet-and-greet with the Wyndham Rewards driver, a garage tour, two 300-level grandstand tickets for a race on July 23 and 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points.
- Grand prize C (10 winners): 150,000 Wyndham Rewards points.
- First prize (88 winners): 45,000 Wyndham Rewards points.
There are plenty of fine-print details to consider, so check out the terms and conditions on Wyndham’s website.
Related: The 12 best Wyndham hotels in the world
Wyndham has launched some great promotions during Member Month. I plan to stack the “mobile flash sale” discount and the “stay three nights, earn two free” promotion to save money and earn extra points during some upcoming stays.